On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:25:17 -0700, Dave Hachadorian wrote:

>You might get away with doing it that way, but the shielding
>in a video cable is irrelevant to the ACC connector pinout.
>I think you would be better off going to Radio Shack and
>buying a plastic hood and male DB-15 and making your own
>nicely shielded FSK cable with a piece of RG-174.

Consumer computer and audio cables are notoriously crummy. One of
the most common weaknesses is lousy signal return conductors. Often,
computer video cables are not coax, just parallel wires!

FWIW, coax provides no shielding against magnetic fields, only
electric fields. If you want to reject RF and magnetic fields, use
TWISTED pairs. If you want to reject power-related voltage between
interconnected boxes (often blamed on the old wives' tale of "ground
loops,") simply bond the chassis of the interconnected boxes
together with a SHORT length of heavy copper braid (like the copper
braid removed from a short piece of RG8 or RG11 designed for
transmitting).

See http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  and
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/HamInterfacing.pdf

73,