Ditto what Bruce said. I purchased my K2 to get the radio that fit my needs. I did not focus on the building. But it turned out to be much more fun than expected. The directions are very straight forward. Do your inventories, and just start working your way through the parts.

Before you know it, the front panel and control board will be together. Then you start on he RF board. The majority of it is just putting the right part in the right place, and soldering it well. Once you start doing some checks, you will really feel a sense of accomplishment.

A great radio, and you learn something too. Both about the equipment and yourself. It doesn't get much better than that.

David Wilburn
K4DGW
www.k4dgw.com
www.k4rc.net
Williamsburg Area Amateur Radio Club (K4RC)

K2 S/N 5982
K3 S/N 766

edward kacura wrote:
Good morning,some of you may remember I bought a used bare bones K2 on ebay
about two weeks ago-s/n 5801.It was completely destroyed,according to
FedEx!Well,after much thought and consideration,I decided to go the kit route!
I received my new K2 yesterday-s/n 6576 from Elecraft! Iam no electrical or
electronics engineer,I built some kits as youngster,and a few more the last few
years(very simple and basic).I can solder,and read directions,so I figure
that's half the battle in building the K2!It looks a little overwhelming at
this point,but I think Iam ready to tackle this BIG project!Hopefully,I won't
run into any problems,but I know where to turn if I do.I'll let everyone know
when its up and running.73 de Ed N7EDK Marana,AZ.