Your message reminds me of an important point. Set aside a certain amount of time to work on the rig. For most people, more than 2 or 3 hours, and it is easy to get frustrated or make a mistake. This is an important piece. If you are getting tired or frustrated, pack your stuff up and walk away.

In the craft section of the department store, I picked up containers, with lids, that had a bunch of little compartments. I sorted my caps (lots of caps) into one of this, and resistors and other hardware into another. All of the ESD sensitive items (chips, diodes and such) stayed in their ESD bags. This allowed me to 'close up shop' so to speak.

You can start this sorting and setup now. Even reading through the manual. All these little items pay big dividends latter on. 73 es look forward to catching you a little further down the log.

David Wilburn
K4DGW
www.k4dgw.com
www.k4rc.net

edward kacura wrote:
Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and advice on building my new K2,I
feel better about it already!This will take a while thou,I can't get stated
right away.Too much coming up in the next two weeks,a little at a time.Thanks
once more,I know I made the right choice to go with the kit now!73 de
Ed,N7EDK--K2 s/n 6576.