Hello,

I'm having problems with my power out put. I have followed the calibration
procedure and the K3 more or less puts out the desired power on all bands.
(I'm not sure how accurate my PWR meter is)
The problem occurs in SSB when I'm using a microphone (Heil pro set plus or
a Kenwood MC-43S, that doesn't matter). When I have set the power to 100W
and I yell "Oooolaaa" (into a dummy load off course) into the mic, the PA
puts out full power en after a couple off seconds it drops to the set power.
When I do the same with the power set 50 W, it produces around 70 W and
again, after a few seconds the power drops to 50 W.

After the initial power drop it pretty much stays at the pre set power but
when I rotate the PWR knob and set the power to a different level, the same
thing happens again.

This only happens when using microphones. When using the TUNE button this
doesn't happen.

What is wrong?

73, Maarten
PD2R