Dear members of the K3,

I just wanted to start a thread for those of you who used a K3 in CQWW, to ask of your experiences during the contest using the K3, the set-up you had and to see if we worked other K3 members.

I had 3 antennas to play with, all on 160m, single band entry, I had a broadband dipole, an inverted 'L' at 40ft (total length 165' of wire) and a K9AY loop pointing East. I mainly worked on the vertical which was plugged into the main RX, the dipole was plugged into the SUB RX, the VFO-s were linked and I tracked the freq with "L" in my left ear and the dipole in my right. The loop was plugged into the RX port and was used from time to time with surprisingly good effect, a worth while loop to put into your tool box.

The K3 performed flawlessly (well done Elecraft) and I personally don't think there is a better rig out there, certainly one which can do diversity & keep the QRM out with its filters.

73's

Berni
G0IDA