On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:16:20 -0800 (PST), Bill W4ZV wrote:

>It was meant to be because I heard way too much of this the past 48 hours.
>Guys calling far too long (or slowly) thinking that the name of the game is
>"who can call the longest".

YES! The worst offenders were calling while the DX was obviously working
someone else. I was hearing a bunch of EU and Caribbean DX stations loud on
160, but couldn't get through the continuous wall of east coast and midwest
stations calling them (I'm talking HOURS). This isn't limited to contests
either. I'm sorry, but this stuff about 160M being "the gentlemen's band" is
a bunch of hooey.

73,

Jim K9YC