Bill W4ZV wrote:

> Sorry you feel that way Julian but I don't believe you actually read my
> message:
>
>> I always slow down to the speed of guys that call me but a very slow
>> caller
>> answering a speedy op in a big pileup is simply a QRM generator who
>> shouldn't be there.
>
> I said a "very slow caller" in a "big pileup".  I did not say a slow
> caller with nobody else calling.  I stand by my statement.

I did understand what you wrote, Bill. I simply felt that the way in which
you expressed your opinion was offensive to those with lesser CW skills. Not
all slow operators are guilty of doing what you object to. But even if a few
do, they are still a fellow enthusiast whose interest in contesting should
surely be encouraged, not made to feel that if their operating is not up to
your level it would be better if they kept their rig switched off during the
contest.

I'm glad that you slow down if a slower guy calls you. But if I can't read
your call in the first place I'm never going to call at all.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3