-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Iain MacDonnell -
N6ML
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Re: K3 Beta firmware rev. 2.72: updated DVR
support,etc.

Ed Muns wrote:
>>      Do you mean to say that, as it is now, the sub receiver (2nd
>> receiver) cannot be on a different band? What is the use of having a
>> 2nd independent receiver if you cannot use it totally separate from
>> the main receiver?
>
> 1.  For tuning the same band you are CQing on.  During the short
> listen times between your CQs, you can find unworked stations in other
> parts of the same band.
>
> 2.  For diversity reception, running a different antennas into the two
> receivers.

3. Working split in a DX contest where you want to listen for calls on your
own transmit frequency as well as where you're listening (e.g. on 40m, where
the phone bands don't overlap between countries)

4. Busting a DX pile-up where they're "listening 10-20 up", by monitoring
who they're responding to, so you can position yourself to be next.

     ~Iain