With 8 x MRF150 the ALS-1300 has the same transistor component
at a Quadra ... and probably the same power output.  What is
lacking is six meters, the tuner and QSK.

As far as the "band decoder" ... ALS-1300 will be +12V to select
band (all on one RJ-45) vs. Yaesu format BCD for the Quadra (only
works with Yaesu radios).  I can't see much difference there as
one could do the job with a W9XT BCD-10 for $20.

QSK probably just needs faster relays ... so it really boils down
to is six meters and the tuner worth the extra $1000.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV