On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:54:38 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm trying to run the Calibrate Transmitter Gain routinre in Utility ver
>1.1.12.22 on my K3 # 1516. And I'm getting this error...
>
>Starting 5 Watt calibration.
>
>Calibrating at 1.900 MHz
>
>Unexpected response "DBERR TXF;" to "DB;". State 127
>
>5 Watt calibration failed.
>
> I verified that I have my 2.7 filter in # 2 slot selected, and I tried it
>with ATU in auto and bypass. I'm also getting a ERR TXF error.  The dummy
>load I'm  using I verified that it is close to 1 to 1 . Any suggestions?
>
>73 Jeff kb2m
[snip]

I had the same trouble with mine, apparently due to the path from my K3 to the
dummy load which is sort of long, going through a few other pieces of equipment.

When I connected another dummy load to the K3 output cable ahead of the other
equipment it solved the problem.  The second dummy load was a Bird Termaline.

Tom Hinson Childers, N5GE

K3 #806, XV144, XV432
Mini-Modules

http://www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?N5GE