Well, if the board is clean and free of components, then you should be able to measure resistance 9or lack of it) between the pads on either side.

For double sided boards, this may not be a big problem, just make sure you solder whatever lead is going through the hole on both sides.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Ok, so what's the speed of Dark?