On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:55:37 -0800
 "Bob Tellefsen" <n...@comcast.net> wrote:
In CW mode plug the FS into the KEY jack.
It will look like a key and key the TX as long
as you push the FS down.
73, Bob N6WG

----- Original Message ----- From: "JIM DAVIS" <nn...@astound.net>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:58 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 and constant tone!

Is there any way of using a foot switch to activate a constant tone for either tuning a external antenna tuner or tuning up a linear amp instead of PUSHING IN THE "XMIT/TUNE BUTTON"???

I've got a Heil Foot-switch and headset but even when in CW mode depressing the FS only activates
the xmit led but no constant-tone/carrier.

Any ideas???

Jim/nn6ee
Many thanks Bob for the helpful solution to our "constant-carrier" fix!  That's
something I did'nt
even think of and it worked of course!  Since I'm using a "Heil fs" I also now
have PTT using SSB.
I mention that because using the Heil Pro-set for the K3 did'nt really work
per/se using their
connector/adapter. But with the rear connections available on the rear of the K3 everything now works as I want it to.

There was one poster out here who did'nt really help at ALL alluding to my own igonarance? But the others who submitted their
ideas as well were much APPRECIATED!!!

OH WELL!

Warmest Regards ALL/Happy New Year!

Jim/nn6ee