The KRC2 in its standard configuration can easily select multiple antennas. When a new band is indicated by the radio, the KRC2 will select that band. The user can then select other bands through the F keys, sequentially moving up or down the antenna selectors.

It is also possible to select alternate antennas using the Acc outputs as others have pointed out. This is easily done in the standard personality/configuration, again using the F keys.

There are other possibilities in the KRC2 design that would allow for alternate antenna selection. Users have been very innovative in their use of the various ACC and XVT outputs in combination with the main band outputs to select antennas. It would also be possible to create alternate personalities for the device which show other behaviors. The KRC2ACC is an excellent example of this, providing significantly different behavior compared to the standard version. If the original poster (K6NR, I believe) is interested in this, he should give me a shout.

I would be very interested as to why you think the KRC2 is not a good match for the K3, and what improvements could be made to improve this. The KRC2 was originally designed to communicate with the K2 using the AuxBus or serial port. The K3 was designed to support the AuxBus to enable KRC2 support. This is the primary method for K3-KRC2 band switching, although it is also quite possible to use the K3's serial port for gathering band and other information as well.

As for the AuxBus signals, their definition is not public. Wayne has elaborated very good reasons for this. AuxBus system requirements are necessarily very strict, and if not handled properly could lead to rather severe problems within the K2 system environment.

We are always interested in suggestions for improvements to Elecraft products. If anyone has suggestions for the KRC2, please give me a shout. Many product improvements come from the suggestions of the great customers Elecraft enjoys.