Julian, G4ILO wrote:

> Actually, as I said, it's quite acceptable at 100W peak, which I have run
> on several occasions inadvertently due to setting the power control to 40W
> and believing that's what I was getting.

I must apologize and correct the above statement since I was thinking about
what happens when you use the QRP version of the K3. Although the QRP K3
radiates a signal that falls within the range KK7UQ defines as "good" ( <
-23dB) at full power (10W), the IMD is unacceptable if the K3/100 is driven
at full power (100W.) Apologies for the misinformation.

For what it's worth, this is the table of power output vs IMD measured by me
on 10MHz (NB: Powers quoted are peak power. Average power during a modulated
"idle" signal is about one third of this.)

 2W  -30dB
 4W  -30dB
 6W  -29dB
 8W  -27dB
10W  -24dB
12W  -22dB
above this point the PA kicks in:
20W  -28dB
40W  -26dB
above 40W the IMD cannot be regarded as "good":
50W  -23dB
60W  -22dB
80W  -21dB
100W -18dB