I had an outer (larger) knob fail.  Elecraft replaced it under warranty.
K3 #22, replacment last week.

73, doug

   From: "Ron Hinton" <rjhin...@verizon.net>
   Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:45:22 -0500

   Has anyone other then me had one of the inter knobs for the RF or AF =
   gain break?  Came in, turned on the rig and reached up and turned the RF =
   gain down and low and behold the little knob fell off the shaft.  It was =
   broken right where one of the set screws was located.  I see there is no =
   brass bushing in the knob for the setscrew to be threaded into.  Do you =
   know where some better quality ones can be purchased?

   Ron NA9F
   ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C98637.F3921450

   <HTML><HEAD>
   charset=3Diso-8859-1">
   <STYLE></STYLE>
   </HEAD>
   <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
   <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone other then me had one of the =
   inter knobs=20
   for the RF or AF gain break?&nbsp; Came in, turned on the rig and =
   reached up and=20
   turned the RF gain down and low and behold the little knob fell off the=20
   shaft.&nbsp; It was broken right where one of the set screws was =
   located.&nbsp;=20
   I see there is no brass bushing in the knob for the setscrew to be =
   threaded=20
   into.&nbsp; Do you know where some better quality ones can be=20
   purchased?</FONT></DIV>
   <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron NA9F</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

   ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C98637.F3921450--