Dear group,

Someone please explain to me what's happening with my K3.  I have both main
receiver and sub receiver linked.  This way, I can tune the sub receiver
with the main VFO knob.  However, there's something weird going on when I
cross some sort of band edge.

For example, if both VFO A and VFO B are set to 6.020.00 and I tune down the
band using the main VFO knob, as soon as VFO B reaches 5.997.00 the readout
in VFO A will jump almost 900KHz down to 5.030.1.  When tuning back up the
band, when VFO B reaches 6.017.0, the reading in VFO A will jump almost
900KHz again to 6.959.0  Sometimes the difference can be 500KHz or 900KHz.
When this happens, I also hear a clicking noise in the K3, and I'm assuming
it's a relay switching.

I've seen this behavior while tuning up and down, which leads me to think
that the K3 is hitting band edges and adjusting, but the strange thing is,
the frequency between VFO A and VFO B do not stay the same.

Also, and possibly another more concerning issue is that when the sub
receiver is on, and I'm tuning anywhere from 4.9 to 5.9MHz, there is a loud
motorboat or zipper noise that is heard through the speaker, and is affected
by spinning either VFO A or VFO B knob.  The noise stops if you don't turn
any VFO.  Turn any VFO knob though, and the motorboat zipper noise resumes.
If you turn off the sub receiver and spin any VFO knob, this "zipper-like"
or motorboat noise almost goes away.  It is still there, but now very faint
and can barely be heard over the static.

73,

James KC2UEE