I contacted K5D twice during their two weeks on the air. Once with my K3 and
20m dipole and once using a friends station in Canada with LOTS of power and
an 80m Yagi at 150'.

I have to admit it was kind of fun to stomp in on 80m when they started
calling for 7's. There was an obvious queue of people waiting to get through
in 7 land judging by the calls from 7's "pretending" they didn't realize K5D
was still asking for  6's. :) Being 1st through was like shooting a deer
with an elephant gun.

The 20m contact from the K3 with the dipole was far more satisfying! I had
tried for 2 previous nights but the conditions just weren't right. Hearing
my call come back on the 2nd try caught me off guard! I was getting ready to
settle in for another futile attempt against competition that sounded far
more powerful than my barefoot setup. It was a pleasant surprise! :)

73, Adam
http://ka7ark.com