I'm an *avid* QRP-er.

Not transmitting so much, *receiving*. Nothing is quite as satisfying as
being able to say "FB OM, SOLID CPY" to a whisper of a QRP signal.

So when I have several stations to choose from to call, the weakest is my
first choice. If he/she is QRP, then I'll crank down the power to match.

But I don't get upset if the other station needs me to QRO a bit for good
copy. I like being able to run 100 watts for that reason and it makes the
difference more often than not. After all, I'm generally using an Elecraft
rig, so guess who has by far the best receiver?

There are lots of us. I just happened to be an HF QRP-er. But there are lots
on VHF too, running moonbounce and many other weak signal challenges.

Ron AC7AC