Steve,

I have not yet seen an answer on the reflector, so I will offer some
comments.
First, I do not think your pulser will hurt the K2 in any way.
Secondly, I am at a loss to know why you do not see as many bars in the
K2 LED display as you do in TUNE.  The bargraph is relatively fast
responding and should indicate the power level being transmitted.  It
may be that your pulser ON duration is too short and it causes a
'flicker' in the display that is not seen by the eye.
It would be interesting to see what an oscilloscope connected across the
K2 output would reveal (the oscilloscope display would react in even
less time than the bargraph).

So, bottom line, you may be seeing a natural result of the pulser ON
time rather than an actual fault of the K2.  Is there an easy way to
double the ON time for your pulser?  I find it hard to believe that 24
ms of ON time would cause any problems for your amplifier - it certainly
would not pose any problems for the K2.

73,
Don W3FPR