>  Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:49:30 -0700
>  From: "dw" <bw...@fastmail.fm>
>  Subject: [Elecraft] Bose noise canceling headphones
>  To: "Elecraft_List" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
>
>  Ah!
>  I've always wondered how well Bose noise cancelling phones worked.
>  Do they really cancel noise external to the head-set?
>  I understand the concept...mic the external noise and mix it back into
>  the earphones 180 out of phase.
>  Just never got a chance to see how effective.
>
>  There are times when I have trouble with noises in the house, and I
>  would love it if the head-phones could totally cancel all that out.
>  But.... not sure how far advertised is from reality  :)
>
>  >I have a pair of Delta Airlines earbuds that
>  >basically don't work at all, but my Bose Quietcomfort noise cancelling
>  >phones SCREAM when connected to the rig. It's a pretty low signal coming out
>  >of the jack, but with the right phones, it sounds wonderful.
>  --
>   bw...@fastmail.net

I have a pair of Skullcandy Proletariat NC headphones.  I'm quite
happy with them, and they're priced a fair amount under the Bose.
Amazon reviewers generally rated them inline with the Bose QC's.
Rather than retyping it all, you can see my review:

<http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/7432>

-detrick
KI4STU