If you start up the application without the K3 turned on or attached,
you don't need to quit the application to get it to talk to the K3.
Just turn on the K3 (or plug it into the RS232 adapter), then go to
the Port pane and click on the "Test Communications" button. If all is
well the Mac will display an alert box telling you so. Close the alert
box and go on with your K3 tasks.

This is a pretty cool little application. Thanks, Dave!

-Jack Brindle, W6FB