Hi,
  I find that most people who already know cw forget the part where you
simply have to memorise the code. All the methods discussed so far come
after this hurdle. I found that grouping can help i.e. eish, tmo, 12345,
67890, ndb, auv, kr, qy,px.. etc. Once the code can be recalled by
association/grouping/acronyms or other techniques, simple mind games can be
played during everyday life, such as :

1) running through the alphabet in code from start to finish
2) translating car registration nos whilst in traffic
3) translating text (papers, adverts etc)

Having to put aside time especially for CW practice isn't necessary, simple
mind practice during everyday life when you are stuck in the 'slow lane' is
enough to get you started. When you feel you've hit a wall in terms of
recall speed, THEN it's time to look at other methods.

Doug GM0ELP