Thanks Howard - seems to work fine as I have ACLog and K3_EZ running and
connected at the same time.  Now I need to figure out why K3_EZ keeps
messing the band map in the K3.

Let's say your K3 has one 9pin RS232C port, and you want to connect it to
your amplifier so the amplifier will always know the band/frequency the
radio is set to.
But wait - you also have the Palstar AT AUTO auto-tuner and you want to
connect its RS232 port to the K3 so that the tuner will always retune every
time you change the K3 frequency.  But, that's not enough.  You want to run
Ham Radio Deluxe on the computer - and it needs to access the K3's RS232
port.  What's a HAM to do?

This free VSPE software can solve it for you.

Let's say your computer has 3 COM ports:

COM1 - connected to the Radio.
COM2 - connected to the Apmplifier
COM3 - connected to the Antenna Tuner
Software 1: need to get access to COM1 (Radio) - Ham Radio Deluxe
Software 2: need to get access to COM1 (Radio) - perhaps some other
software.

"Amplifier" and "Antenna tuner" devices must also be connected to the
Radio.
-------------------------------

Right?

1) Create VSPE Splitter (Source port=COM1, Virtual port = COM9)
2) Create VSPE Serial Redirector (COM9 => COM2)     : (Radio => Amplifier)
3) Create VSPE Serial Redirector (COM9 => COM3)     : (Radio => Antenna
Tuner)
4) Change Software 1 settings to use COM9 instead of COM1
5) Change Software 2 settings to use COM9 instead of COM1

Now the problem is solved - everything can share the COM1 going to the K3
radio.

The only problem that may exist is that if several programs try to send data
to the radio at the same moment, the bytes may get intermixed and if this
occurs it will be an unintelligible mess to the radio.  I have not tried
this, so I do not know if it will or will not occur.

Howard