From: "Greg - AB7R" <a...@cablespeed.com>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; "'ON4WIX'" <on4...@skynet.be>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] - KRX3 not working on 12/10

More than likely you have the antenna selection set to something you do not
want.

With the sub rx on, HOLD the RX ANT button.  This toggles between sharing
the
antenna with the main RX and the AUX position, which is either the unsued
KAT3
antenna or the AUX RF BNC connection...depending how you installed the KRX3.

The K3 remembers these selections by band.

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Wed Jun  3 11:07 , "ON4WIX"  sent:

>Hi group,
>
>Running K3 S/N 0192 here. Installed my KRX3 last autumn and up until now
>all
>has been working well. Of course I've only been operating on the lower
>bands
>during winter.
>I just noticed that my KRX3 does not work on 12 and 10 metres. Not sure
>about 6m since I don't have a dedicated 6m antenna up yet.
>I can clearly hear signals in my main receiver on 12 and 10 but when I
>switch the KRX3 on my right earpiece goes silent on these bands save for
>some thermal noise.
>Has this phenomenon anything to do with the known synthesizer ALC
>calibration problem as described in the application note "K3 Synthesizer
>ALC" Rev A, dated December 23, 2008?
>
>I would appreciate some info before I start heating up the soldering iron.
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>73
>Glenn ON4WIX / OR4W

05:53:00