From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dick Dievendorff
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:34 PM
To: 'Elecraft'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] Headphone Splitter/Amp

I used a Behringer HA-400 briefly for our FD effort and quickly replaced it
with a standard 2 phone jacks to 1 phone plug rigid adapter. I heard a very
loud garbled monitor signal when transmitting on SSB with the HA-400
headphone amplifier in use.  Our station wasn't grounded (at all), which
would account for this difficulty.  Next year I'll be more careful about
grounding the station.

I think it'll work out well.  The two headphones we used were of different
makes and models, and of course one was much louder than the other.

Dick, K6KR