If I am inclined to use a splitter... for left ear/right ear.... I prefer a
crossover network.. in the audio stream, high side feeding one ear.. low side
feeding the other... with the cross over tuned very nearly 600 cycle. Then...
when tuning across a weak but almost strong enough to be esp... I can easily
focus in front of me... close my eyes... and copy... the words just come
directly at me.

  With a switch in the circuit.. it is easy to bypass, to leave the amp in line
but without the cross over, to apply a bit of amplification. The second or
third set of headphones are plugged in, with a simple "Y" and I haven't had any
rf feedback.

  The AT3 that needs an amp, may not be aligned just quite perfectly...

I would be very happy to do that... if you were to ship it to me, and ship it
back home, no charge from me. The KX1 is likely in the same position.. and the
same offer applies.

Thanks,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy