Hi Robin
The last firmware NR was a bit on the to aggressive side making
everything sound like it was
coming through a pipe or hollow sounding I found my self not using it
often to fatiguing over
time to listen to.
This revised NR is a bit on the other side of the spectrum while the
finish product is not
hollow sounding it does not offer a lot of reduction.

Could be the code writers are "range finding" shooting long then short
to zero in nirvana
as a cw first operator who is not afraid to go very narrow on the
filters I do not find myself
using the NR a lot the suttle influence is closer to my liking then the
to agressive aproach.
So might it be nice to have both in the next release the 1-4 2-4 could
be like but with a bit
of tweaking for more Reduction of Noise but not to much and then the 3-4
4-4 come back in
from the other side of to much NR where it was hollow through a pipe
response