Hi Robin
Firmware 3.25
S/N 3142
Born on Date 6/13/09

The last firmware NR was a bit on the to aggressive side making
everything sound like it was coming through a pipe or hollow
sounding. I found my self not using it often to fatiguing over
time to listen to, especially on SSB.
This revised NR is a bit on the other side of the spectrum while the
finish product is not hollow sounding or through a pipe sounding
it does not offer a lot of reduction. I tried dual dsp years ago
on my ft1000d using two dsp units in stereo to really kill the band
noise it works ok the JPS NIR 12 uses this approach I believe.
This could also be done with a out board unit in a speaker I put
the board from a AM Com ClearSpeech dsp in my Yaesu station speaker
I like it a lot but have not tried that speaker yet on the K3 yet.

I almost want to say there has been a tweak of the audio response
also sounding a bit more full less intense with a hiss on the high
end, which I pulled down using the RX EQ, am I imagining this or is
this a real tweak?
I like the SSB audio response (with no DSP NR influence) better now.

I really need to have two K3's side by side to test or A/B the
firmware release to be absolutely sure, I do keep notes on the first
impression after an up date, better sounding is noted.

Could be the code writers are "range finding" shooting long then
short to zero in nirvana?
As a cw first operator who is not afraid to go very narrow on the
filters I did not find myself using the NR a lot the subtle influence
is closer to my liking then the to aggressive approach.
The Hi Q ringing of the audio filters of the past is something I never
liked or could operate using.
My ft1000d with a 500 pitch tweak the radio narrow shift /width narrow
250 Collins filter get it the best that can be then toss in the APF
which did not add ringing was all good, it just made the signal louder.

So might it be nice to have both in the next release the 1-4 2-4 could
be like but with a bit of tweaking for more Reduction of Noise but not
to much and then the 3-4 4-4 come back in from the other side of to
much NR where it was hollow through a pipe response.

Coming in from both sides a bit at a time might satisfy every one.

Sorry for the first post I hit send before spell check and completing
my thoughts on this matter.

Regards
Art
ka9zap
PS Hopping for a Audio Peak Filter APF like my ft1000d has.