Make sure you CC supp...@elecraft.com when you have issues to be sure
someone see the problem.
I was one of the first people to report this same issue with the last
revision of the beta and on my second post I included support which
elicited a response on the weekend and they started working on it then.
I have not had this happen since I downloaded MCU 3.30 / DSP 2.26 , and
yesterday I spent sometime seeing if it would happen, didn't come close
to doing at least as far as I could tell by listening to the rig, before
the loud, uncontrolled noise was preceded by distinctive audio that
sounded like cadisflies ( moderately high frequency oscillation), none
this time.
 Speeds up the process you know and it is a process, thats why it is
called a beta release.
Sure stinks when it happens though and you are wearing the headset.
Almost sounds like a feedback loop but is that possible with a digital
radio?
Bob
KB1FRW