Hi Tom,

You should have listened to what was happening above 7025. Pretty much wall
to wall RTTY and SSB. There were. at least, five contests happening on CW,
SSB and RTTY...

Some of us did stop contesting to ragchew with JOTA and other non-contesters
and I heard one station in the NYQP move on SSB because he was a bit close
to a net.

Frankly on 40 it was kinda tough to even hear K4M with all the tuners and
cops and other assorted ummm people right on top of them. Thankfully all we
had to fight with on 160 was QRN, but it wasn't bad enough to not get 'em in
the log. 20 was just as bad here. Big turnoff for working DXpeditions,
sometimes wish they wouldn't publish frequencies in advance, seems like
there is less QRM then.

Weekends are tough... EVERYONE wants to do their own thing, this past
weekend was insane for sure.

Want to get even more insane? Try hopping between all the modes and contests
;o) Oh, QRP most of the time too! hihi

73,
Julius

Radio Amateur N5GE wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:19:06 -0700, "Ron D'Eau Claire" <r...@cobi.biz>
> wrote:
>
>>Kevin is demonstrating the art and pleasure of "rag chewing". Comments
like
>>his are the essence of a great contact on the air that makes Ham radio so
>>enjoyable for a lot of us.
>>
>>Your observations about wherever you live and comments about what's
>>important and interesting to you each day are instructive and interesting
>>others.
>>
>>73,
>>
>>Ron AC7AC
>>
> According to QST and the ARRL, ham radio is all about "Radio Sport",
> not rag chewing ;o)
>
> You are right Ron.  All of this started happening around 1980 or so.
> Now it's completely out of hand.  Saturday night I was trying to work
> a rare one when a station in the NY QSO party landed right on top of
> him.  What was so bad was that he was below 7.025 in the DX window.
>
> Sorry about the OT Bytes.
>
> Tom, N5GE
>
> n...@n5ge.com
> K3 #806, K3 #1055, PR6,