>From personal experience some 'cheap' usb-serial adaptors can produce
significant levels of rf hash. I don't need 'em at the moment but if I did
I'd probably go with the Elecraft one on the assumption it's been checked
for noise.

No point spending mega bucks on a top rate receiver and then degrading it
with a cheap little adaptor.....

73,

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF (K3 #145)

PS Can Wayne or Eric confirm that their usb adaptor *is* rf-quiet??