The PRE icon pertains only to the K3's internal preamp. I suggest
turning it off in most cases when you're using the PR6. Otherwise
you'll have more gain than necessary, possibly degrading dynamic
range. (With the PR6 on -- giving you an MDS of about -144 dBm --
turning on the internal preamp would provide only a small fraction of
a dB improvement.)

To turn the PR6 itself on, you need to turn on the RX ANT path (which
you have done), but you also have to power the preamp. You can leave
it powered all the time (via a jumper block, if I'm remembering
correctly), or (preferably) turn it on/off using the DIGOUT1 signal on
the 15-pin accessory jack. The PR6 manual should cover all of this.

73,
Wayne
N6KR