Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

> I read very positive information about diversity mode, that you can use
> two
> different polarization antennas to better performance, or just the TX
> antenna and a beverage, right?
>
> But I have a doubt.
>
> What is the field experience when using the main TX antenna and a beverage
> and you have a high QRN?
>
> Still useful the diversity mode or just is better to RX ONLY in the
> beverage?

Hola Jorge!

You should at least be able to hear something of the desired signal on both
antennas for diversity.  Then you may hear the signal changing between
antennas to help reduce the effects of QSB.  However if you cannot hear
anything of the signal on one antenna, then there is no advantage to
diversity.

I have two TX antennas for Topband...a directional vertical array (similar
pattern to a 4 SQ) and an inv-V up 30m.  I also have many Beverages and a RX
4SQ array.  I try to pick my best 2 antennas and use those for my diversity
inputs.  Sometimes Topband signals are switching between high and low angles
and sometimes azimuth directions, so it depends on the specific situation
what combination is best.

73,  Bill