Hi Jorge,

I was using five different antennas during ARRL 160 for receive. The main Tx
antenna (72' Marconi), a 40m vertical, 40m delta loop, 80m Marconi (45') and
a 330' beverage.

QRN was not horrible during the contest but we did have a storm front
rolling through the area and regardless which combo of antennas I used in
diversity there was an improvement copying signals. I'm not sure how this
will work in very heavy QRN, but suspect it will still provide an
improvement over listening on just one antenna alone.

It is a fun feature to use.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read very positive information about diversity mode, that you can use
> two
> different polarization antennas to better performance, or just the TX
> antenna and a beverage, right?
>
> But I have a doubt.
>
> What is the field experience when using the main TX antenna and a beverage
> and you have a high QRN?
>
> Still useful the diversity mode or just is better to RX ONLY in the
> beverage?
>
> Thanks!
>
> 73,
> Jorge