Luke,

I believe 6.3 W is the maximum that is displayed by the KX1 (that often
is the power level indicated when I am calibrating the tuner wattmeter
for an SWR=2.0 with my 100 ohm dummy load attached.  So what 6.3 W
indicated usually means is that you are trying to operate into an open
circuit or a very high impedance.  Think about what changes may have
occurred to your antenna on 30 meters since the last time you checked -
are you using the same length feedline? (as one example of how a change
can easily creep in).  I doubt it is the tuner.  You can check the tuner
by tuning into a dummy load - try that and see if it works, and if so,
take a critical look at your antenna.

73,
Don W3FPR