From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of sr...@swbell.net
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 1:41 AM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Noisy K3 receiver

        You guys may be exceptions to the rule. The # of complaints seem to
far outweigh what you two guys are saying. I'm not saying you are wrong,
just that it seems that a lot of people are hearing a problem. I have
SN/0690 and to my ears it has always been on the noisy side. Some of this
may be due to ignorance about how to set up the K3 properly. I am pretty
sure that is true on my end, in part. I have never tried to dig deep enough
in the manual or the menus to try and make the situation any better. It is a
little intimidating to me and that is why I have never dug too deep in to
the menus to try and make things better.

         I hope to change all this in the near future. I am catching up on
the mods and upgrades and with an updated manual I hope to have some success
in making my K3 sound better to MY ears.

        Ed, I most definitely have never felt like that my K3 was TOO quiet.
Lots of background static and hash that is fatiguing to listen to. I don't
know what else to say...I know I am not imagining it. I would much wrather
listen to my TS-830s, but I have hung in there with the K3 knowing that
there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to figure out what page
that is on in the manual.  hi hi

Stan Rife
W5EWA