From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:02 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector; elecr...@yahoogroups.com;
elecraft...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 needs survey -- firmware and application software

Hi all,

As you probably know, we keep a list of firmware features and
improvements to be added as time permits. Many of the most-requested
changes were made over the past several months, keeping pace with the
demands of the fall/winter contest season. (A few that come to mind:
switch sequence automation via macros, improved DVR interaction with
PTT, main/sub audio mixing, improved NR, lockable transmit controls,
and many enhanced remote-control commands.)

As we head into 2010, we'd like to refresh the master firmware list
based on your input. Items already on the list have priority, of
course, but this is a great opportunity to let us know what else is
missing or could be improved. Our goal is to make the K3 as easy to
use as possible, while providing the advanced features you need for
specific operating situations.

We're also planning a renewed effort to assist application software
developers. If your ideas for improvements involve changes to both K3
firmware and a favorite application, we'll pass it along to the
developers and work with them closely.

We're making great progress on the P3 Panadapter and other new
products. There will be some surprises in 2010 :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR