I would like to see the K3 have advanced serial command set that would allow
the programmer to send the commands with an ID that would be returned when
the K3 responds.  That would allow Larry to modify LP Bridge so that it
could route the appropriate response to the appropriate sender without
having to poll the radio continuously.  I would also like to see the serial
port send a broadcast when user changes settings on the radio.  That would
allow the programmer writing the desktop application to get updates from the
K3 without having to poll the radio continuously.  So it would be like a
serial port event being raised or interrupt being fired.

I would be willing to help with this effort, although I don't have a lot of
time to devote.

I would also love to see a ethernet port on the K3 instead of a serial port.
With popularity of wireless networks this would allow controlling the radio
without a dedicated computer at the rig.

Ken Nicely N3PSJ.