OK...  let me try again....

I have a K3 with V.3.63.  I am getting ready for ARRL RTTY RU.  I have a
SignalLink USB device coupled to the LINE IN and LINE OUT of the K3.  In AFSK A
mode the MIC is at LINE 40.  This has been working since I got the rig.
Everything is fine but I have found this one issue that is different from what
I have observed before.

I do not run a lot of RTTY in the summer and fall.  So, in the interim, I have
updated the K3 to version 3.63

Prior to that event...when I was on AFSK RTTY (and I am using AFSK A) I could
control the drive of the K3 and see the results on the ALC meter.  I could
drive to one bar...two bars...three bars...etc.

When I added 3.63 to the K3 and started working RTTY....nothing else has
changed...i noticed that the ALC meter no longer works as stated above.  I can
get three bars....and that is it.  The three bars are either on solid, or I can
turn down the drive and the three bars start to flicker.  Then I can turn it
down, and the three bars are totally gone.  I still have output with the three
bars "gone."  The power output is right at 100 watts when the three bars are
flickering.

This is different that what it was before.  Is this the NEW norm....or is there
something amiss?  is this a bug?  Is this what you see?  I can work stations
without and issue.  But, I want  to make sure I am adjusted correctly.

Lee Buller - K0WA

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't
find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.
Is Common Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  J. Wolf