Johnny Siu wrote:

> I know it must be good, otherwise, no modification is required.
> However, Elecraft should tell me how good it will be, BDR, MDS ???

Johnny I believe I can safely say absolutely ZERO difference in major specs
like BDR, MDS, IMDDR3, etc.  These are all determined well ahead of the DSP
audio stage.  I believe the main difference is in audio bandwidth
only...extension of the low end response and attenuation of high end DSP
artifacts.  If you like ESSB or are bothered by the 12 kHz artifacts, then
you might want the mod.

Personally I'm waiting for someone with two units (one with the mod and one
without) to post some audio recordings before I go to the bother and expense
of this mod.  BTW I have done ALL other mods but I'm not at all convinced
this one will make any difference to me since I don't do ESSB and I don't
hear any artifacts in the headphones I use, even though a hearing test
confirms I still have good hearing at high frequencies.

73 & HNY!

Bill