VP8NO writes:
>There was a time, maybe 8-9 years ago when life was thought to be
>too short for inventories, many just jumped in and got on with it, I
>certainly did.  100% success.

Yes.  I know.  Given the instructions, I figured MOST would just jump in
and start building.  As for me, I prefer to understand the complete
inventory.  To each his own.

I inventory the ENTIRE kit and designate the destination of each
and every part.  I have each part individually taped onto paper.
All inconsistencies MUST be understood before proceeding.  This is how I
worked out that there were two capacitors short on in the control panel
bag and "extra" in the RF bag.  I am also short a few plastic washers.

Before soldering each part, I check its identification AGAIN.

I believe, however, erroneously that this decreases my risk of putting the
wrong part in the wrong location.

>All this chatter about truncated lines is just getting in the way of
>building.

Perhaps but it keeps me sane and keeps my anal nature from getting the
better of me!!

>And another thing, real men wind torroids ;-)  Unless you
>have a medical condition or other disability.

I fully intend to wind my own toroids.  My only "condition" relevant to
ham radio is being a bit too anal :)

tnx.
Conway Yee, N2JWQ