Hi Paul,
Where is the Ham spirit, even if we are not able today to do our own
equipment as during the past.
Modern Hams became lazzy because technology give us everything on a
plate without any efforts !
May be I'm jurassic but Elecraft waked up my Ham spirit after decades
of using commercial rigs, professionally and on the Ham side.
Bst 73's
Philippe
K3#3616

By Hams, for Hams...What else !

Philippe TROTTET
Head of Field Telecom Unit - DUBAI

United Nations High Commissioner for  Refugees
International Humanitarian City
Office Building NÂș3 - Room 2, 1st Floor
Doha Street
PO BOX: 506013
DUBAI - U.A.E.

Dubai time: GMT +4
W: Sunday to Thursday
HQ Ext: 7120
Vsat: xx 41 22 7120
External:
+971 4 3601753
+41 22 739 7120
Mobile: +971 504531756
Website: www.unhcr.org ( http://www.unhcr.org/ )

>>> pd0psb <p.s.bijp...@gmail.com> 09-02-2010 11:50 >>>

For me,  there are MUCH better uses of time when running  during a
contest
than fooling around dancing with the AGC & DSP  settings.  Further,
dancing
with the AGC & DSP simply isn't  neccessary

Totally agree! We hams should not be experimenting with our equipment,
we
should just buy a radio and make contacts. No need at all to waste any
time
on useless studying the working and technology of our gear. This has
totally
nothing to do with hamradio.

ahum...

73'