From: Philippe Trottet <trot...@unhcr.org>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] AGC & DSP Rain Dance
To: "K6LE" <k...@mac.com>, d...@w3fpr.com
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 5:21 AM

Fully agree !
Race cars need fine (and often) tuning to get their best for each races, K3's
are the same.
But my main main thing is to enjoy and have a lot of fun to chase the weak
signal, specially in big pilups in SSB with my exotic callsign. Using for ssb
FC: 0.95 and Width: 1.6k (6k, 2.8 & 1.8k filter installed) AGC mainly OFF  in
that case and do not attempt I will respond first to the biggest signal.
Use the N1EU AGC settings   http://n1eu.com/  with good results.
Personal rule: ssb=qro if needed but cw, exclusively qrp max 5w or qrpp.
MIC= MH2 and SONY MDR 7505 Headset, Keys: Vibroplex + straight key Siemens
Baumuster T1, both connected.

Bst 73's
Philippe A65BI  (F5LTB)
k3#3616
Elecraft, by Hams, for Hams...What else !

>>> K6LE <k...@mac.com> 09-02-2010 6:46 >>>
Well said!

I'm just glad I bought my K3 before I got too involved in some of the
discussion on here.   If I hadn't I might not have done it and then I would be
missing out on this wonderful radio.

To paraphrase what some others have said: "This one is a keeper and I am taking
it with me to my final resting place!"

Rick
K6LE