On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:05:11 -0600, Grant Youngman wrote:

<<< There is plenty of research around that demonstrates that infrasonic
content
between 20-80Hz contributes to a less tiring listening environment, >>>

The big problem I notice with a lot of signals containing a lot of bass, is
the stability of some rigs, and tuning skills.

Unless you are zero beat on frequency, the bass sounds horrible. If some
operators could learn how to tune, and make sure their offsets were aligned
properly it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I was listening to two stations on 20 today, and for some reason they
couldn't seem to zero beat with those $10K radios. Lot's of bass on the
audio, so I had to crank the filter down to 2.4kHz to get the audio to sound
decent. It was that or continually tune each station. At 2.4 they both
sounded fine.

I find myself cranking the filter width to below 2.7 a lot, just to cut out
the weird sounding bass as the stations drift. :>)

But enough of that. We don't need an ESSB vs Tin Can debate.