I use DXLab (http://www.dxlabsuite.com/) as my logging program and its
Commander rig control program, which has the capability of "user-defined
controls."  The user-defined controls have the capacity for much longer
macros that those sent to the K3 with the K3 Utility program.

I switch between a Heil Proset Plus using its HC-4 cartridge for DXing and a
Heil PR781 for ragchewing both using the 2.8 kHz filter.  (I have no
interest in ESSB.)

With some (appreciated) K3 macro help from W4TV and from my friend listening
to my audio, I have a Commander sequence that includes the TX EQ settings to
attenuate the low frequencies and increase the high frequencies for the
PR781.  By pressing an F key in Commander, or clicking the mouse, I can
switch between the two mics, each with its own TX EQ settings and selecting
the front-panel (PR781) or rear-panel (Proset Plus) mic jacks.  I have the
rear panel TX EQ reset to 0 for each frequency band for the HC-4.

Each person's voice will be different as will be the desired audio
characteristics.  I'll be happy to send the Commander user-defined sequence
to anyone wanting to play with it.

Jim N7US