Good Evening,
   Nothing like cutting, hauling, splitting, and stacking a face cord of wood
to show yourself you are out of shape!  Five t-shirts later I have a goodly
pile of wood and have just finished dinner.  The sun has set but I may be
asleep before it gets dark.  Luckily I have enough wood to make it to the next
sunny day.  I was surprised yesterday morning by about one half an inch of
snow.  I was working away at this computer when it grew light outside.  The
ground did not look quite right.  I walked out onto the deck and saw snow!
Good Grief!  It is spring but not up here.  I looked into my forecast and found
another snow storm coming on Tuesday night.  On further review I find they have
pulled that prediction.  However, I shall not cross my fingers nor hold my
breath.  I am ready for another month of gloom and drizzle.
   Propagation, on the other hand, has been most gracious.  Only a little QSB
to contend with but signal strength has been quite good.  Now that I have a rig
at my electronics/software design bench I can monitor the bands all day long.
I noticed a dichotomy: folks who use voice seem to talk about their rigs and
antennas far more than those who use CW.  Why?  The CW folks talk about all
sorts of things and occasionally their rigs.  I heard two guys on 17 meters SSB
go on for half an hour about rigs and antennas.  Luckily I was busy soldering
or else I would have fallen asleep ;)  I turned around and spun the dial to far
lower in the band to get to the CW portion.  I got two guys talking about elk
and snow conditions; now that's ragchewing :)  I went back to my soldering much
happier.
  Please notice I pushed the 40 meter net one hour later than it has been
lately.  Now that the sun is staying up longer due to the change in season and
the effect of daylight savings time coming into effect the propagation was not
so hot.  Moving it later should put the net after local sundown and allow for
better propagation across the continent.  Hopefully the folks out east will not
find this time too late for their schedules.  We shall see how it goes.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0000z (Sunday 5 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay warm,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-