On 3/31/2010 7:26 PM, Vic K2VCO wrote:
Vic
     I had asked the same question when I got my K3.  I tried using a
com port via usb cable but had problems.  sometimes it would work right
but not all of the time.
So I started using my Winkey and everything works great.  But I had
already purchased a Winkey for another radio, so had one on hand.
Hope that helped.

John