On 3/31/2010 9:25 PM, Vic K2VCO wrote:
     From what I have found out, yes some USB adapters do not work
right.  Mine must be one of the ones that did not work.
     I believe I tried to connect directly to my serial port but had
problems.  It could also have been my serial port, now that is
     where I have my RS232 cable connected for the K3 utility program to
run, and it runs fine.  I kept on getting an error in N1MM that would open
     about 10-20 windows.  I always had to go in and kill the program.
The cable that I used, was one that I had made for my other radio,
     and it did work at first, but I think I messed up the transistor in
the cable, because it would not work with my old radio either after
that.  But
     a lot of people said that they were using the Winkey and had no
problems, so that is what I started to use.
     John