I agree that would be a nice feature (and an optional one), but only if I
could see the split for a few seconds after the "Split" function is engaged
to allow me to easily set VFO B.  For example, Icom's menu system on the
IC-7800 displays a number (+ or -) when you press and hold split; you dial
in the split you want, press split again, and VFO B is set to that
frequency.

When I go into split initially, I pay attention to the + or - VFO B transmit
frequency. After that, I pay attention to the actual frequency I'm
transmitting on. I follow the receiving frequency in the pileup by listening
to who is working the DX station, or by seeing the spots on the cluster and
moving VFO B to the frequency area where the DX station is working. Having
VFO B display only a + or - offset all the time would make it harder to find
a good transmit frequency in the pile.

Perhaps that "on-the-fly" options could easily be toggled into one display
mode or another through panel switch depression (vs a menu driven setting).

Lou, W0FK

Ted Roycraft wrote:

> I think it might be useful at times if the frequency of VFO B could be
> displayed as an offset from VFO A (optionally of course).  For example,
> if VFO A is set to 10.113.28 and VFO B is set to 10.114.34, then, if
> that option were turned on, instead of displaying VFO B's frequency as
> 10.114.34, it would display as +1.06.  This could be useful in SPLIT
> operation.  No big deal, just a thought.
>
> 73, Ted, W2ZK

-----
St. Louis, MO
K3 #2513