Well LS, if  "the K3 is already setup _ideally_ for working split", as
you say, then case closed.  Forget I said anything.

By the way, I'm not in a hurry to hit the key.  I can also do arithmetic
in my head.  As I said, it gives you a different perspective on the
environment around the DX.  If your argument is that this option is
useless don't use it but let's listen to user comments.  So far, there
have been more positive ones than negative ones and most of the negative
ones have been from the same person. Remember, it would be OPTIONAL.  As
for Elecraft resources, I would rather hear from the Elecraft people on
that rather than from you.  You might be right but only Elecraft can say
whether this option would cost more development time and resources than
other implemented options of equal or lesser value.

I personally don't use VFO B very much except for working split and I
would find this option useful - not essential but useful.  I proposed
this option to start a discussion.  Please don't shoot it down just
because you wouldn't use it.  There have been many many options proposed
for the K3 that I wouldn't find useful but others would and I haven't
weighed in to try and shoot them down just because I wouldn't use them.
We get it - you won't use it.  It's a danger to world peace.  Thanks.

73, Ted, W2ZK